Sunday, December 7, 2008

He's officially Merrick Ryan Hutchins!

We blessed Merrick this morning at church. It was so special. The blessing my dad gave him was so sweet and, for me at least, was totally pertinent and inspired for everything that has already happened in this little guy's life already. It was so neat to see all these men that are so important to me get up and bless my son. I am so grateful for the gospel and especially for the priesthood and that we can be blessed through it. Lots of family and friends showed up, thanks for your support! And I'm sorry for all the family that couldn't be here, you really were missed! Little Merrick looked adorable in his outfit and he actually stayed awake for most of the pictures that we took! He is such a huge blessing in my life and I love him more than anything. Okay, here's some pictures before I tear up...again...

Grandma & Grandpa Hutchins

Kristen and Cousin Maddy (isn't her hair great brunette?!?!)

My Family: Jason, Colton, Merrick and I, Grandma Carpenter, Ian, Grandpa Carpenter, Mom, Kristen, Maddy and Dad


My Parents


Yesterday morning Merrick got to meet Santa for the first time at the Hutchins' ward Christmas party. Then he met him again later that evening at my ward's Christmas party. Good thing, he's not old enough to understand or he might get a little confused!


I love our ward party every year! The food is always great and it always makes me so excited for Christmastime. We saw tons of people that I haven't seen in forever. I am so lucky that we are back in Lindsay ward again! There are tons of young moms and my sister is in my ward, it doesn't get much better than that!

20 comments:

Heather B said...

He looks sooooo cute and you look GREAT! I just love your hair. I'm coming down to Phoenix for Christmas...I'm tempted to come find you and have you put some dark in my hair!!

Stacy said...

We are so happy we could attend. It was such a wonderful blessing. We love you and baby Merrick so much!!

Erica said...

I love all of these pictures! You look hot and Merrick looks adorable. Love his outfit. He is so blessed to have so many people to love him. I hope you wrote down what was in the blessing.

And I love all the Santa pictures too. My kids will probably be scared to death to see him. I can't wait to hold that sweet little boy!

Cari Florence said...

I Love his little outfit, especially the hat!! He's so handsome Sharisa! Blessings are so amazing, and especially to have your father who gave you your blessing give your son's blessing too, that's special.

Cami Epperson said...

I love having you in our ward too! I have missed out on so much this weekend... dang flu!! Since when did Kristen go brunette? Love it! And Merrick is a total stud in that little outfit... be careful, it seems like just yesterday we blessed Bretton. It goes by too fast!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

You are definitely one of the prettiest women I know. You always look SO nice. Merrick's little outfit is precious and I love the hat :)

Tatum said...

Oh he is edible!!! Congratulations.

Shannon & Justin Hutchins said...

Sharisa first off you look so gorgeous. and you were right about merricks outfit, it is totally adorable. I really wish that justin and I could have been there we love you guys so much!

You are amazing!!!

Joy said...

His blessing outfit is so cute! I can't believe how fast they seem to grow up, Kristen's baby looks so old compared to Merrick :).

iheartmesa said...

I think his blessing outfit is the cutest boy blessing outfit I've ever seen. Congratulations

McKell and John said...

He is so adorable! And you look so pretty! Congratulations, what a special day for you guys!

Tenneys said...

Hey Sharisa! You look so good and your baby is so Cute!!! I heard you were coachin vball! Its fun bein a momma huh? You look so gorgeous!

Mrs. Allens Class said...

My brother was blessed in an outfit very similar to that one and I have always hoped to bless my future boys (if any) in one just like it :) Merrick is adorable and you look so beautiful and so happy!

Unknown said...

Look how glamorous you are! Not to mention how stinkin cute your little Merrick is! How cool that your dad got to bless him! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

YOU look pretty terrific! Happy! Gorgeous son! Congrats! Love you!

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

sharisa you look GREAT!!!!!! you definitely dont look like you've had a baby at all. and your little guy is adorable!!!! congratulations!!!! :-D

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute. yay for little babies. Not to mention you look amazing yourself!

The Thatchers said...

i love his blessing hat. he looks so precious.

Tatiana said...

That is so sweet your father gave him a blessing. It will be one that you will never forget. I love baby blessings! He is just so cute! I love his little outfit. And you, my dear, look amazing! I still need to meet this little boys of yours.
Hey wanna do my hair sometime?!?! My friend that always does my hair moved so I'm trying to find some one I trust to do my hair. I'm kinda picky! But your's is always so cute! I need it dark again. maybe a trim?! let me know!

The Brennan Family said...

oh my gosh Sharisa! You and your little boy are adorable! congrats! :)